On this episode of the iA DemoCast, Aleeha demonstrates the following apps for scanning print to digital text as OCR. Find out which apps work the best on different forms of text.
On this episode of the iA DemoCast, Rich Cavallaro looks at the new Orbit Reader 20 from APH and the Orbit Research group. Rich demonstrates the device, and goes through the menu structure and you can also hear how the device sounds while in use.
On this episode of the iA DemoCast, Matt Dierckens demonstrates the new and amazing Seeing AI app from Microsoft. This demos shows how to set up the app and start using it with all of the channels that the app provides.
- Short text OCR that updates as you move the camera
- Document OCR. This channel is much like KNFBReader and Prizmo
- Product scan which lets you scan a bar code to identify a product.
- Facial Recognition lets you detect who is in the room and how many faces are in the camera’s viewfinder. It will also attempt to tell you the person’s facial expressions.
- Scene Beta lets you detect what is in a room or environment. This section is still in beta, so it will continue to improve.
On this episode of the iA DemoCast, Michael, Aleeha and Lyn review the iPad Pro 10.5 inch which is the latest iPad from Apple in 2017.
During the review, we look at the form factor, the speaker quality, and how iOS works on the new iPad.
On this episode of the iA DemoCast, Matt goes through the steps in setting up Apple Music on an iOS device. After setup is complete, Matt goes through the basics of finding and adding music to Apple music in the Music app.