Home Forums iA Coders Help with errors for first app

• Author
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m in the process of creating my first app.
    It’ll be a stopwatch.
    However, I’m getting a number of very strange errors.
    Can anyone tell me what these mean, & how to fix them?

/Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:28:85: Argument of ‘#selector’ cannot refer to variable ‘update’
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:25:13: ‘update’ declared here
    Warning Group
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:25:13: Variable ‘update’ was never mutated; consider changing to ‘let’ constant
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:26:5: Variable ‘counter’ was never mutated; consider changing to ‘let’ constant
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:28:13: Initialization of variable ‘timer’ was never used; consider replacing with assignment to ‘‘ or removing it
    Swift Compiler Warning Group
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:25:13: Variable ‘update’ was never mutated; consider changing to ‘let’ constant
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:26:5: Variable ‘counter’ was never mutated; consider changing to ‘let’ constant
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:28:13: Initialization of variable ‘timer’ was never used; consider replacing with assignment to ‘
    ‘ or removing it
    Swift Compiler Error Group
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:28:85: Argument of ‘#selector’ cannot refer to variable ‘update’
    /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:25:13: ‘update’ declared here

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.