Have you been searching for an accessible MUD client for the Mac? Well, iAccessibility is excited to announce that your wait is over. iAccessibility is proud to announce MUDAbility, an accessible MUD client for the Mac.
MUDAbility 1.1 is here and here is the full feature list.
- All output is spoken with system set text to speech.
- Words are spoken as typed so VoiceOver is not required.
- You can press command + 1 through command + 0 to hear the last 10 spoken items in the output.
- Rate is configurable through commands.
- We have added built in help to give instructions on what commands to type.
- Up and down arrows to select the most recently used commands.
- Control Key will stop and start speech.
MUDABility is still in development, and our goal is to have our client ready for the Mac App Store soon. Here is what we are planning to add shortly.
- A critical bug has been found that crashes the app when the wrong host or port is entered. This will be fixed on July 1 update. (Fixed Release 7/1)
- Found a bug where certain strings can cause the app to crash. This will be fixed in July 1 update
- Character by character text to speech on input
- Characters and Words for text to speech input
- Sound Packs with MSP support (MUD Sound Protocol)
- Connect menu items with dialogs
- Saved servers
- Blue and black theme coming 7/1 update
- VoiceOver detection system speech will only be used if VoiceOver is not running
- Continuous Spell check for typed text coming 7/1
- And much more
We at iAccessibility really hope that you enjoy this app, and please leave us feedback on how we can make it better at email@example.com.
While MUDAbility is currently a Mac client for Muds, we do have plans to make it a Windows and iOS client as well if we meet our goals.
Windows Client: $1,000
iOS client> $1,500
Current progress: $80
If we meet our goal for the Windows client, then all users that have downloaded the app will receive the Windows client for free.