On this episode of the iA DemoCast, Matt Dierckens demonstrates the new and amazing Seeing AI app from Microsoft. This demos shows how to set up the app and start using it with all of the channels that the app provides.
- Short text OCR that updates as you move the camera
- Document OCR. This channel is much like KNFBReader and Prizmo
- Product scan which lets you scan a bar code to identify a product.
- Facial Recognition lets you detect who is in the room and how many faces are in the camera’s viewfinder. It will also attempt to tell you the person’s facial expressions.
- Scene Beta lets you detect what is in a room or environment. This section is still in beta, so it will continue to improve.