I have had many opportunities to AirPlay things from my phone or my iPad to one of my friends Apple TV’s. I think it is a great experience to use other speakers to play a song you like or use a bigger screen to play a video on.
I know that many Mac users can AirPlay from their computer, but I never thought it was possible to AirPlay from Windows; however, recently I was visiting with some friends and I was looking through iTunes for a song and decided to listen to some music. I wanted to find out who the artist was and tripped over a button that said, “AirPlay,” and honestly, I wasn’t expecting to find the AirPlay button in iTunes for Windows.
I decided to see what options I would get if I clicked on the AirPlay button and, you have it. My screen reader showed me a list of Apple TV’s I could stream to. Being the person I am, I doubted that it would actually stream to one of the TV’s, and if it did it would still my speech as well, but I was really surprised by what I heard. Yes, the music did play. Yes, it sounded really good coming from the Apple TV, and no, it didn’t steal my speech.
Are you wondering how to AirPlay from your iTunes on Windows? Follow these quick steps, and you’ll be jamming out in no time.
- Make sure that the computer and the device you want to use is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open iTunes on your computer and start playing music.
- When you tab through the iTunes window, you should see the volume, and the next button to the right is the AirPlay button.
- Activate the AirPlay button. You will now see a list of available devices. Keep in mind that your computer will be the first option in the list.
- Put your cursor on the device of your choice and press enter. It will take a few seconds for the audio to switch but once it does you will be able to adjust the music from your computer.
- To return your music back to your computer, repeat steps 3 4 and 5.
I hope everyone checks out the AirPlay options available to you. I will warn you that if you don’t have any available airplay devices, you may not see the AirPlay button on your screen.