On this episode of the iA Cast, Michael, Aleeha and Matt discuss the Dos and Don’ts of podcasting and what tools each person use. Here is what was talked about.
- Aleeha uses the Samson Go Mic
- Michael uses the Blue Yeti Pro
- Matt uses the AT2005USB from Audio-Technica
- Jason uses the PGA58 Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone | Shure Americas connected to a BEHRINGER XENYX 302USB
- If using macOS, one can use Audacity, GarageBand and Amadeus Pro to edit recordings
- You can use GoldWave to edit recorded audio on Windows based PCs.
- Audio Hijack: Record Any Audio on MacOS for Mac
- Virtual Audio Cables for Windows
Methods for online podcasting
Sometimes you will have to podcast with multiple people who are not in the same area. These programs are useful for accomplishing this.
Streaming your Podcast Live
Here are a few tools that can be used to stream your audio podcast live to listeners while you record.