In this episode of the iA Cast, Michael Jeff Bishop, Aleeha Dudley, Scott Van Gorp, Jason Earls, Chelsea Page, and Allison Hartley discuss what was covered at the CSUN Assistive Technology Conference for 2018.
Michael and Jeff discuss items that they found interesting at the exhibit hall.
- Microsoft had all of their technology at their booth.
- HP brought a new Printer to the conference with an add-on that allows for scanning and copying of documents with speech.
- Irie-AT presented all new handheld magnifiers and a new Android app to assist low vision and blind users with phone use and magnification.
- Aira.io showed off their new Horizon Glasses for their service.
- HIMS released the BrailleSense Polaris Mini, a smaller Braille notetaker based on Android.
- VFO Group had its Focus 40 fifth generation on display.
- Google demonstrated their new devices which include the PixelBook, and Pixel devices with new Android technologies.
- Amazon showed off their new locker technology that has accessibility included.
Some notable sessions included:
- Google held sessions all week about their new technologies which include Android P.
- Microsoft held sessions all week on their services
- There were the standard Web accessibility sessions to talk about making sites on the web accessible.
- Adobe taught classes on making PDFs accessible.
This year’s conference included so many more amazing offerings, and you can learn more from our interviews and from the interviews over at Blind Bargains